27 October 2006

damn hair dresser


I went to meet friend one evening and I arrived a bit too early so I thought..hm, going to get some hair washed could kill some time. Turned out to be worst hair dresser I've ever experienced in years.
And this one is very close to Khaosan. Nothing fancy in this shop. Quite sleazy I must say but it was not far from the meeting point and I thought just to wash my hair it couldn't be bad.

I entered a salon and found a hair dresser was lying down on her sofa watching soap drama on TV. She seems to be surprised to have a customer (hell, no!)

She started with..
"You hair is quite oily. Did u use any hair cream?"
"no, it's like that"

*wash wash wash*

"Do you have hair fall problem?"
"no, why?"
"oh seems here.." (she pointed here and there on my head) "on the back looks fine but there's less hair in the front"

"er... so?"
"Oh, nothing nothing"

*wash wash wash wash*
"Did you just dyed your hair?"
"yes"

"Here seems to be much lighter than here"
"It meant to be like that"
"Are you sure?" I thought.. ofcourse I'm fucking sure, it's my head! now shut up!


I looked at my watch
"Are you in hurry?"
"Not so bad, but make it quick don't waste time too much on massaging my head, it's OK I don't need that"

"ok ok"

Finally she finished with her 180 times of shampooing me. I moved to a chair
"Can u get me some magazine pls?"
"Oh.. magazine?"
"YES! anything that I can read..?" she looked around and came back with a magazine named "Cheewit Rak" (Love Life)

What the fuck is this magazine? does it still exist? I thought it was dead since I was 7 years old! I can't believe that anyone is still actually reading it these days!


I browsed through that "magazine" half of it is crappy ad. about cream for bigger boobs, download themes for mobile phones.. and another half is full of stories of shitty messed up love lives. I just DON'T understand why some people wanna read this stuff? maybe it makes them feel that "ohh.. compared to this people, My life is not so bad!"

And about every 2-3 pages.There're free artworks drawn with bright blue pen by her kid all over pages. . They're Godzilla, Doraemon, and other undescribable creatures that only hair dresser's son could explain.

I dropped that magazine. Now there're 2 of them trying to dry my hair. It took FOREVER.
"Did you just dyed your hair?" the new one started same question

"No, I was born with half red hair in the front and brown hair in the back"
"oh!"
"Any other questions?"
"hehehehe"
"......."
".................."
"Are you going to party on Khaosan road?"
"NO, I'm meeting my friend"
"Oh ok ok" then she left. One of them still kept trying to dry my hair.


FInally she finished messing my head. What a relief.
"How much" she poked her head outside the shop to ask the other one and turned to me
"100 Baht"

"What..?? just washing and drying?? 100 Baht!?"
"hehehe"
"What the.. u know in front of my house they charge only 50 Baht!!"

"er.. well..er..."
"here ! 100 Baht. Keep it coz you'll never see me again!"


Beware, this shop is just right next to lottery office behind Khaosan.
What an evil.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, i just laughed my ass off.

i am lucky zou took me to that hairdresser at the mall, otherwise I could have end up in that place...

Friday, 27 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah well never pai chang that pom near Kao San na :p

and if you do... always ask price in advance!

Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
Blogger bee said...

Largo, yeah I really speak like thai.
with F words. Sorry but I can't help it :-)
(not all the time though. Only when people are really getting on my nerves)

Tuesday, 16 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RdTiTQ write more, thanks.

Sunday, 04 November, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Monday, 05 November, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Monday, 05 November, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Monday, 05 November, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home