03 May 2006

Oh my gosh, you're so black!

3x3x3..My age! Must be good number indeed. Because I checked newspaper today. One of those prizes is "27" Usually lottery day here is day 1st and 16th of every month. Only in May that they announce it on 2nd because 1st of May is holiday.


That's my age! from today's newspaper.

I met Poon yesterday (was supposed to meet ai Knot at well, but as usual. He was busy with one of his clients. Since he turned to be a freelance he never got time for friends!) She came to pick me up at swimming pool. I was waiting for her in front of 7-Eleven, I saw her car but she didn't look like she recognize me. Then she stopped the car.
"Hell, Pueng, what have you been doing??"
"Swimming ..why?"
"No! I mean.. you're so BLACK!!!" (she meant 'dark' though)
"No i'm not, You think so?"
"Yeah you fuckin are!!"
"OK, I am. It's nice though. I like it! mwahaha!"
"Shiiit...t.t..t.. I couldn't even recognize you! I slowed down the car coz I wasn't sure if it was you! what happened to your skin!?"
"It's Thai skin, man.. what do u expect"
"kooohhttt dam!" (so dark)
"yeah yeah I know, can we go now?"

Then she didn't stop giving her comments on my dark skin. (We don't say "Tan" here, You're never "Tan" in Thailand you're just "pretty" or you're just "Too dark"This conversation continued even we were at the restaurant already.


Simulating Thai Whitening Cream Commercial. lol


"Didn't you use sun-block?"
"I did, but it doesn't prevent your skin of being 'dark' it just prevents your skin from UV and you won't be burned"
I told Poon that this is completely brain-wash commercials. Then I couldn't stop complaining about those whitening products on TV here. They really botther me these days. A lot more than before.



Since when that we have a lot of this crap on TV? I don't remember. But it got worse and worse since I was in highschool. Every girl wanted to be as white as Geisha. (that already put make-up on) Then followed with beautiful tan-skin girls on TV making fun of themselves that "I'm so black, I know" or those country songs with lyrics you'd never imagined to hear.. something like "I didn't mean to have dark skin, but I can't help it. My parents are dark!"

I'm not joking. This is fucking Thailand!

Oh well, enough for complaining. Life goes on..ha ha!

And guys, Thank you for all of your birthday wishes. Thanks Poon for remembering my birthday every year and the gift, Sai, Thanks Bert for always being there and mini Turkish Carpet :-) , Stephane , VT members, Thai HC members for Chabu Chabu (they didn't let me pay), Nong Jib The best Flash guy for lovely SMS..







Thanks mom & dad.. sweet (sometimes annoying) sister for joining tiny swimming pool at Sport Club..lol. Thanks all the friends in India especially Rakesh for being my friend and you're so nice to me, always! no, I didn't drink any alcohol on my birthday :-) No Banglassi here, Too bad

And Thank you, Soren for hilarious email about your trip in Cambodia. You made my day! hehehehe



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah its funny... and sad. In the west people feel they are too 'white' and want to get 'tanned' so they use sun beds, darkening creams, book holiday to lie in the burning sun on a beach, ...

But in countries where ppl have natural darker skin (which farang think is more beautiful!), they feel they are too 'dark' and want to be 'light/fair'!

That's the power of commercials to make everybody feel unhappy, and sell them a 'cream' to make them 'better'...

Wednesday, 03 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home