16 August 2006

OTOP

Yesterday I went to help P' Sakchai at The Best of OTOP exhibition. From 11 AM til 9 PM. It was quite OK but it would be better if he didn't have to share booth with other exhibitor. Overall, it was pretty quiet and he got such a bad location for displaying. But still got some prospects exchanged business cards for trading (which is good) Most of them are involved in Beauty care and Spa business. One of them is doctor and he looks 18!

Weirdest one was a man in his 50s, chinese look. He came by when P' Sakchai was away and I was there alone. He started throw me millions of questions. I just answered whatever I could. While he was browsing photos of products he saw a loaf of soap lying around and he asked if he could try to slice it. I told him..yeah but if you do, you have to buy. Otherwise the owner will blame me for this. He was like "ahh come onnnnnn! he won't!! well! OK! I'll do it myself!"

That's it he just went straight to the soap and sliced it up "Oh wow! this is pretty cool!" That was almost a 100 Baht that he just sliced and almost 600 Baht for that loaf. That's it and he left. Anyway,I managed to got his business card and email address and stuff.

What a fucker.

Exhibition was held at Challenger Hall which is newest hall of MuangThong Thani. Inside is very neat and spacy. And it was SO COLD. Everyone walked in there dressed like they're trekking in the north pole. Don't know why it had to be THAT cold.

Scarf in Bangkok? Oh Yes





"The Challenger Hall"

Display of "winter flowers" from Narathiwat! (Malay border province)

And Thai massage service (200 B./session)

I went to pick up some important documents for next exhibition for p' Sakchai. And there served free coffee and snacks. (sweet!) cake was way too sweet but coffee that was all I needed!



Meeting for BIG+BIH exhibitions (Will be held in December)

Got a postcard from police man! said "I found your wallet! Contact me this number to get it back" turned out he's a police man who's stationed at RCA everynight. I was really surprised. Tonight I'll have to go there and pick up my wallet. And ofcourse.. bring him some 'gift' (actually it's not needed. I don't need to bribe police to get my wallet back, do I?) but anyway, I just want to say Thank you to him. So I'm bringing a bottle of red wine (cheap! but tasty!) for him tonight.

Meeting up with Rich, Maya and bro. and Nutty+ Not tonight. Toenk is joining too (for 'bottle of Red Label's sake!) lol We'll see. It would be nice to have dinner together.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! it looks like igloo in there! nao just from looking at those white walls *shiver*

Thursday, 17 August, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello
i am impressed by your english
sorry to tell that, but i was in bangkok for 2 months between april and may 2006 and i didnt see a lot of thai speaking good english, so bravo for your correct english writing! It is interesting to see thai mind on this blog ;-)

a French
LEO
webjonction@hotmail.com

Saturday, 19 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home