28 January 2007

Boys, Bei Otto and buying coffins


I went to meet Toenk and Nut last night without planning. First I thought I would go out to meet up with Poe (Girl from CS. Who's going to stay with my friend in Kolkata for couple of days) But.. well.. you might have guessed. I'm tooooooo lazy to go out.

Plus it was Friday night 6:30 PM. Worst time to be on the road in Bangkok. Instead of catching a taxi straight to Sukhumvit. I got off at Rajthevi station and took BTS to Asoke. The restaurant is in Sukhumvit 20 just right opposite Windsor Hotel.

Again, it's Bei Otto. A German restaurant Toenk took me and Bert for dinner there last time. No offense to Germans.. But I hate food there. Only Beer is worth ordering. Food is too expensive ( 3 people, bill came 2,200 Baht) It's not THAT expensive but compared to the food that I don't even like.. It's not very tempting.

Since it was Nut's Birthday (25th) he turned 28! woo~hoouuw~! We just used it as excuse to meet up and have some beers.

Teonk called another guy named "Ohm" to join. I learned from Toenk that he's a lawyer. Pi Ohm arrived 15 minutes later in blue shirt. Looked like he came straight from office but I'm sure he had been drinking before he came :-)

We shared a Bavarian platter. (Don't ask me what I think about food) Boys had beers. One glass each (Toenk took two! and he's going to drive!) They started to talk about the girls. Past, Present and Future. Tips, Techniques, whatever you can think about. I felt like I was a bit out of place.

They started to laugh louder. Next table ( 2 farangs, grumpy looking) glanced at our table. Gave us a look which obviously said "When are you going to shut the f**k up?" Toenk doesn't like it. So he said "What the f**k r u looking at!?" to them in Thai. (Toenk's English is excellent. But I'm glad he didn't use it then) :-P

Looks like it's time to leave! (-_-") Ohm was trying to get the boys to SLIM at RCA
"Are you boys up for hunting? or just observing tonight?" (No, He wasn't just joking) So I told them that I would go home and get some work done.
"Looks like a Boys night" I told them and looking for a cab. But Toenk didn't feel like going for "hunting" tonight. So, he came with me.. followed with Nut.

Had a cup of coffee at Windsor lobby. Crap.. 100 Baht And what's with that singer next to that grand piano? Not sure if she was Katoey.

Toenk drove super fast through Sukhumvit. Passing WAT HUA LAMPONG where you can donate money to buy coffins for the bodies those they can't find any relatives. Simply write donation form, put some money (any amount), people at the temple write your name on the receipt, you bring that donation form (with your name on it), use the glue to glue it on the coffins. Done.


Toenk wanted to see how it looks like inside. So we opened it just to peek. Hmm.. well.. Doesn't look very comfortable.. no :-P

Dropped Nut at his house in China Town. Toenk stopped by at Saint Gabriels College (his old school) as it's School day. Some Alumnus came in posh expensive cars (not surprising for
Saint Gabriels students) and their tradition is to drive around "the block" in front of their school as "Salute!"

Thank Buddha I arrived home safely :-) He wasn't took drunk..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, myself, don't really like German food either..except German breakfast at Sunshine Restaurant in Hua-Hin. :-)

I've only been to Wat-Hua-Lampong for buying coffins once. It was strange but, obviously, very interesting to me!

Sunday, 28 January, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there! My name is Sherman Jackson and I also do freelance web & graphic designing...It would be great to exchange ideas and tips. my email is sherms3k@yahoo.com or visit my website at http://www.sherms3k.com. Thanks and hope to hear from you.

Saturday, 12 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home