09 June 2006

Sea of yellow!


MORE THAN A MONARCH "The Pillar of Stability. The Father of a Nation. The Guiding Light. His Majesty the King is all of this to the Thai people. And much more..." Big day today! Celebration of our King's 60 years on the throne. Everyone is wearing yellow today. (I was told..) But this morning I went out to buy some food from 7-eleven and I wasn't wearing yellow tshirt (no, not yet I thought I would do this evening when I go out to take some photos) But Oh my Buddha! everyone out there was wearing yellow! I felt like and idiot~! haha! Oh well, great day today :-) so happy to see lot of people coming to celebrate this anniversary.

There's a topic "What's the future for Asian monarchies?"on BBC news website and obviously some non-Thais think the way that we love our King is exaggerated. Waste of time trying to make them understand why. Maybe you have to be born Thai to understand the feeling of "..more than love and beyond respect"

Someone from Nepal has his say that "Becoming a KING' is an inborn quality! Is not fair. Every capable person should get chance to compete…" if he compares Thailand to Nepal. yes, it's sad thing that happened in Nepal about their monarchy. But the whole point here is not that Thai people love The King because he was born "royal" but we love him for what he has been doing for his country, his people...us. Even his name means "Power Of The Land" and it's so true.

But this lady "ApresMidi" on Pantip forum is saying best...

"To be a King may be an inherited attribute, however to be the king of one's heart is a different story. It does take years and years of great vision, positive intention, hard work and devotion to be such king of one's heart.

With 60 years of hard work in reign, and more than 3,000 royal substantive projects that greatly benefit his people of all levels, our Nai-Luang King Bhumibol has not only proved that he is the greatest king, but also the greatest king of 60 millions' hearts.

I unconditionally love and honor my king. Not because of anything else, but because I has learned tremendously from him, from his work, and from his way of life ..

to give more than get,
to live a sufficient life,
to think of public benefit more than my own,
to work hard in fulfilling both my personal and social responsibility,
and to always be a better person than yesterday

This is rather soapy for those who might not have critical experience in this country but I am sure that to many Thais I am speaking their hearts. And, I am not saying I can do all above, but at least in my life, I see that one Great Spirit has done such and I shall follow."

"If the people doesn't left me. How could I left you."
Said, the king. August 19, 1946
LONG LIVE THE KING

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyhey
This was on the news in Belgium! :-)

Have a great (yellow) day!

Christophe

Friday, 09 June, 2006  
Blogger bee said...

Hey! Christophe wow, surprised you came across this page! lol thanks thanks ;-) Can't wait til tomorrow. It's gonna be great day!

Saturday, 10 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home