19 February 2007

Happy Year of Piggy! 新年快乐!

yeah yeah, Year of Pig. Again. Haven't blogged for a few days.

Clamshell Mac+talkative taxi+Jay from VT
Finally met Jay
(from California) and his lovely gf at Sheraton hotel. Actually it would be much easier to get there by boat from where I live. But I just realized that I had to bring a laptop to the store at Pantip to get it fixed. And traffic that time is killing. Plus I had to wait quite long at the store. I could see that guy's face filled with amazement
"Wow, clamshell mac, is it still working?"
"Yeah I think so!"
"woww..w..w.." I guess last time he saw OS9 must be like.. years ago
"Can you do anything with it? Actually it's not broken. I was just wondering if you could upgrade the OS a bit"

He called another staff to take a look at pretty blue clamshell
"Is it still working?" hm.. yes, I know
"Normally, when some people brought this to us. We couldn't even boot it anymore. Totally dead. But this still looks pretty good!"

He finally agreed to upgrade it to greater OS and get its "health" checked for 1,500 Baht. He said he would call if he couldn't get it done.

Pantip is such a difficult place to get a cab. Police sucks, bad location, too many people want taxi. But I got one right in front of Indonesian Embassy. His passengers just got off.

"Sheraton?"
"Yes"
"Where is it??"
"Er, you don't know Sheraton?"
"I know it's in VERY deep Soi!"
"ehmmm.. is it?"
"I think so!"

I called hotel for direction. Actually it's not that "deep" soi as I said. I usually walk from the pier (right next to Sheraton) to main road (Chareonkrung) all the time. And he talked all the way from Pantip to Sheraton. Mainly about why taxis don't really wanna drive to airport even they'll earn at least 300 Baht (metered) to go there.
"But on the way back.. if you got no passenger back with you, you have to run empty cab! Fuel price is killing! can't do that"

Then he told me all the tips and techniques how to avoid traffic police, how to drop off passengers, how and where to get passengers, etc. Hm!! I'm expert now!

I met Jay and his gf at the lobby. Having some drinks in the lounge there before Teonk came to join 15 minutes later. Teonk was still very pissed with his debit card that he couldn't get money from ATM because the card is broken.
"I have money but I can't get it out of my own account!! can you imagine!" This explains why Teonk spent whole day in his house.

After drinks we went to Supatra River House. I've been there only once because it's usually booked. Quite hard to get seats if u don't book ahead. But Teonk called and make a reservation already. We arrived just half an hour before the kitchen closed. Awesome food. Really good taste. I really feel sorry for some backpackers that they live on their "Padthai" on Khaosan road without testing any "real" Thai food like that. In my opinion. (Good) Food is one of most important things to Thais. Can't help it. We just love to eat!

Great food, great conversations, nice atmosphere, plus a little bit more of night sight seeing. Niceeee! (Say it Borat's style!) :-D

jay, if you guys come back again. Let me know. It was great meeting you two!

Chinese New Year @ Paragon

First I thought I wouldn't go out. But ..yeah.. well, As Teonk said. We should do something to 'cheer up' ourselves on New Year right. (wait a minute.... But I'm not Chinese)

Siam Paragon (The Pride Of Bangkok.. Oh yes.. whatever they claim they are) had "Cherd Sing To" (Lions show) and Dragon show and it was on the news days before that the dragon head is made of this expensive jewelry, eyes are rubies, etc etc .. damn, so money-minded :-P

Teonk came by BTS instead of driving as usual. This guy is crazy. I think he was born on the mountain of gold :-P BTS is so convenient! So quick and easy and it's aircon.. unlike the buses.
"Look at me!" he pointed to his forehead.
"Wha..?"
"I'm sweating!"
"So..?"
( Should I pretend that I'm shocked or what - like - Oh my God, that's unbelievable. Teonk!! You are sweating!!! - )
"Because I took BTS"
"That's normal, This is hot country"
"hot !! too hot!!"

He kept mumbling about how crowded the place is. When the smoke (fire crackers) from the dragon show outside coming inside where we were standing. Teonk just ran, sealed his nose with his red shirt.

"Oh my gosh!! smokkkkeee!!!!" (I told you, this guy is not normal)

We had dinner at UCC in Siam Center. Food was alright. But I don't know why I never really liked this Café. Maybe because their waitresses are not very keen to smile that much. But this place got best location in Siam Center. It's just right in the middle of the mall. Quite .. hard to avoid :-P

Patpong? But why..?
James and folks (Frank from Berlin, Fabian from Vienna, Raffy from Italy) were there too but I couldn't find them among the crowds. But Thank Buddha they found UCC (finally!) Teonk's friend (Mimi) joined us too just for a short while before they left somewhere else. (I could see James drooling spying on Mimi's ass.. ha ha ha~) >:-P

Teonk wasn't in the mood for party that much I guess. He just didn't feel like staying home. Before he came he just ranted at his bank. (on the phone) that he should get his new debit card for FREE because it's not his fault that the card just stopped working (ATM machines couldn't read magnet tab on his card anymore)

Siam center was closing already so we had to move.

Got some beers from 7-eleven (First time I bought beer in Siam area! crazy..) :-) Hailed the cab to French guys place. (JB and Loïc! See! I got your name right! Loïc!!) They got pretty spacious apartment in such a prime area. It's quite a good deal for a rent actually. Great view from the roof top too. Should arrange a stoning party up there sometimes :-D

I can't believe that we actually went to "walk through" Patpong. Since some of us wanted to see it. Sure, why not. I'm not totally against it because I took some (close) friends to Patpong sometimes if they curious to "see".. I mean.. hey, it's not really hidden scene or anything. If they wanna see, No prob! Just..hmm yeah. Can't say that I'm so proud of Patpong either. Anyway, it's more bearable compared to Pattaya which is totally fucked up place.

Route 66, I'm getting too old for this!
Anyway, done, with Patpong. Moved on to RCA. Met Tina and her host(s) again. Seem to be good people :-)

The live band at Route 66 they're pretty good. Boozes are too expensive though (But compared to Bombay is dirt cheap in Bangkok.. Bombay would be 300 Baht for one bottle of beer in such a fancy club!) Oops, forgot to tell Raffy to visit Women rest room. It's 100 times fancier than my bedroom. With guys playing guitars in there!! I'm not kidding.

Got tired of RCA scene a bit. Way too crowded and they played way too commercial hip-hop tracks. And it's quite such a "low" feeling to see those good looking girls got drunk so badly and taken out by 2 guys. God knows what happens next. Staff in there they love to trample
on your feet too especially when you wear "open" shoes.

I'll stick with my lo-so local "themed" karaoke next time, get a "Manchester United" room!! :-D haha

Bert planted his first "Prik" today :-) I wonder if it will grow.. he he.. Let's hope!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home