22 February 2007

Moto Taxi days

Uh~ French food ^_^
Last night we had French food! wooo~!! Thanks to JB for awesome dinner :-) Yum Yum~ Anyway, as usual, nobody could pronounce the name of what he ate.. ha ha.. it's as long as a line of traffic in Siam Square at 6 PM :-P JB also pampered us with big bowl of apple dessert. Sophisticated dinner :-D

Sergej arrived in Bangkok yesterday too, Didn't see him for months. I just knew that he hosted people in Koh Chang as well (wow, no excuse not to go to surf his couch!!)

Thai Cheesy movies
Drank some beers, talk talk talk. Tried to convince James to play that CD with a title "Hot Babes" (Filipinas!) But he didn't let me!! LOL what's wrong with this guy. Anyway, I don't think it can't be cheesier than B (or even "C") graded Thai films that we call it "Nang Paen" which means the CD movies.. coz they never made it to cinemas.. too cheesy and too risky to deal with the "KOR-BOR-WOR" (some authority who bans everything against "morality" like.. putting up the mosaic on images of whiskey bottles, guns, cigarettes, etc.. on TV!!! while in the real world. You walk outside 10 minutes to Pak Soi. You might see everything that ban on TV for real.. Amazing Thailand)

Anyway, it was such a big talk of the town last week. About this girl who wore this killing little black dress to some Thai Films Award night. People were wondering who she is, what her name is. Nobody knows. Just saw that she came almost naked. (Guys, I know u wanna see that, Photo on the left.. LOL) Well, anyway, cut the story short ... she's now banned from the big boss (Producer).. warned by her university.

This girl was in one of low-graded Thai VCD movies. Story is about a girl who's like.. living in the forest (like in the Jungle Book. You know) AND he doesn't like to wear clothes. One day, a Bangkok dude found her and brought her to the city.. blah blah.. crap like that, u see what I mean .. LOL (And you might have guessed. It's a market for that anyway..)

Motobike rides at 1 AM
We finished dinner, beers, Zac left for the airport going back to Beijing. His backpack is full of books!
I shared a taxi with Sergej as he's staying on Khaosan anyway. When I arrived home I just realized that I forgot my mobile phone at James' flat!!! gaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh~~!!!

Actually I could have gone back by taxi too. But I don't know why I took a moto taxi. Going there and coming back was 150 Baht (which is still OK.. pretty much same for taxi) But it's more fun :-P Arrived home VERY late ..still. Went to bed VERY late too and as expected.. next morning .. I turned my mobile phone off when it was alarming! raahhh~!! so typical.

Moto again at 10:30 AM
I was late for a meeting already. But I did sent SMS to Dan that I just didn't get up.. (well, at least I was honest) LOL... Traffic was HORRIBLE I'm supposed to get used to it already but still.. I just can't. So many cars on the roads. Every intersection is blocked with cars..
cars...cars.......cars!! If I took a taxi it would take it at least 1 Hour for sure. But with a moto.. I made it to Sukhumvit in 25 minutes. My hair looked just great. Looked just like I just jumped in food mixer.

Just feels like working fulltime
I spent WHOLE DAY at my client's office. Changing the layouts of flyers. Took longer than I thought. I stayed until 5 PM!! ouch! When I got out of the building. There was a lot of "office" people waiting for the buses already. I'm sure the BTS is packed now. So I took the bus instead. 8 Baht, savy! It's like a flash back to when I was working full time again. Shitty life. Start working at 9. (had to be on the bus already at 7-8), stuck 1 hour on the road. End of the day.. everybody is almost killing each other for a room on the crowded bus. Yikes!!!~~

Lido saved my life
After that I really needed some entertainment NOW!. Went straight to Lido to see "Dreamgirls". I liked it. But a couple next to me laughed quite many times when the characters sang expressing their feelings That woman was giggling like crazy, talking to her bf that "Why are they singing!?" (well, it's a Musical! That's what they do.. they SING) I don't know what's wrong with her. Some people just aren't supposed to go to watch movies in cinemas.

Sergej called earlier asking about movie. First he asked for Thai one. Then Chinese. And then asked what's the difference.. (hm.. one is Thai.. one is Chinese.. quite different..to me?) :-P Ended up he went to see Japanese film!

I went to Kinokuniya. Fetched 3 more books. (One is Mon - Thai dictionary.. last one in the shop.. quite rare, I've never seen it before) I think I'm buy too many books already.. should stop it. But it's too addictive.

Had quick dinner (Expensive food court at Siam Paragon. I checked one of them.. it's like some "frozen" seafood with rice.. everything above 100 Baht.. that's nuts)

Sergej sent SMS again. Asking if it was bus no. 7 or 17 to go back to Khaosan road. I sent SMS back that it's No. 79 actually.. But when I looked up (at the bus stop) saw blonde guy with familiar backpack. That was him!! so we took the bus back together with his gf too (she just arrived today)

Finally home, dead tired. Tomorrow.. No work!!





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there...Sorry for write this question on your blog. Saw your profile on virtualtourist.com and saw that you haved travelled in Nepal, Cambodia, Burma etc.

So I thought that you maybe had some tips about travelling from country to country... My problem is that I arrive to Bangkok in the middle of October and have to go to Kathmandu around 8 days later. But I really have some problems finding traveloptions... Have tried to find some flytickets, but only meance to find some really expensive ones trough thai air.
So if you have some options you´d like to share.. please do... It does´nt have to be by plane, it could be train or bus aswell... just the cheapest...

Martin Primdahl

Martin_primdahl@hotmail.com

Friday, 20 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home